Monday, April 22, 2013

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare



I was sooo excited for this book to come out. I absolutely loved the first two Infernal Devices books. I find it completely awesome to have prequels to the Mortal Instruments, which I also loved. This book picks up right were Clockwork Prince left off. Following Tessa, Will, Jem and their love triangle (wait, I don't like romance!). We finally find out what exactly Tessa is (finally!) and what Mortiman wants with her.
It took me a little longer to "get into" this book than it did the previous ones. There was too many back and forth "who do I really loves" between Tessa, Will and Jem. It almost made me want to pull my hair out. Magnus Bane saved most of this for me. He pops in at just the right moments with his sarcasm to keep me going a little longer. The book picks up about half way through just to fall flat again. Lots of build ups with lots of let downs. This book could have been so much better without all the filler. The ending was so-so. You could see it coming for awhile, so that was disappointing as well.
All in all I just don't feel that this book lived up to its predecessors.

No comments:

Post a Comment