Monday, April 22, 2013

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion


I can't lie and say I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The story was good, just not delivered perfectly.
This isn't your typical zombie read. It's most definitely a love story. 
R is a zombie. R has thoughts and feelings.
R saves a girl from being eaten and takes her home to keep. During his time with this girl (Julie) he falls in love. Julie has been taught all her life to fear zombies and kill them, but finds out that R is different. He is learning to be human again.

The only thing I found neat about this book was the point of view of the zombies. I haven't run across that before in all of my zombie reading. It wasn't quite enough to make me love it though.

This is another book recently made into a movie.. and I hate to say this, but I enjoyed the movie more than the book. That's a hard thing for me to say. The depth of the characters were caught better on screen than in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment